Don't Tell Anne Marie!

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

April 15: A trip to North Carolina:

It's tax day, April 15, and tomorrow we're heading off to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina. The event is the 40th birthday celebration of AM's friend Lisa Daves. Lisa's husband Bill, who (with their daughter Maggie) is in Ellen's Indian Princess tribe, works for the Sammons real estate family in Dallas, and he has some connection with the Grove Park Inn. So, we're joining the Daves and a dozen or so other couples for a couples weekend. The kids will stay with babysitters here, and we'll do a little golf, a little spa, a little I-don't-know-what-but-will-report-as-I-go.

I checked out the possibility of some white water rafting, so that might fit into the mix. Unfortunately, I e-mailed the rafting folks and they said the water's too high for the inflatable kayaks, which is what I'd really like to try (I'd even try the non-inflatable kind), so if I/we go it'll have to be full-sized rafts. It still would be fun: some Class II and Class III rapids on the French Broad River (hey, I knew a French broad once. . . ).

I'll be bringing this laptop, and plan on posting. I could end up just drinking and smoking cigars and forget, but I'll put something in here at some point.

Ladies of the evening at the GPI:



Post script: I did just end up drinking. And playing golf. I did set up a birthday blog for Lisa Daves, though. Check it out to see some more Grove Park Inn pictures.Posted by Hello